Thursday, September 16, 2004

Shit shit shit.

Well, I think I don't have a plane ticket yet. How can I not know? Well, I used the internet to reserve a flight, then faxed my credit card info to some place in Texas. I just looked at my account and the amount for the plane ticket has not been taken out. So tomorrow I'm calling Texas to see what the Hell is up. I'm flying out next Wednesday come Hell or Ivan. I've already flown over one hurricane--I can make it two.

I am so freaked out about all this. I keep reminding myself that my mom went through something similar when she was about my age. Only she had a one-year-old (me) and it was the first time she'd even flown. So this is nothing compared to that, right?

Now I feel like I need to clean the house because I've invited everyone over for a last good-bye. I promised myself that I would not guilt myself into cleaning, but... I looked at the floor and saw cat fur tumble weeds drifting by--and I just cleaned last Friday! How can everything get so damn fuzzy in a week?

I already know that I'm planning on bringing too much stuff. I will just have to wait until I get down to Mom's so I can thin everything out. I just don't know how much crap I can stuff into her suitcase. Probably a lot, but I don't want things to be too heavy.

Headache--literally. I've had one for the past week. And allergies.

I think I will call it an early night and go turn in and read. I read Hardy (Return of the Native) and Updike (Rabbit Run) back to back and that was a bit much, so I've since then read The Jungle Book, The Westing Game, The Amazing Maurice and his Talented Rodents, The Breaker, and Hard Sell. Right now I'm reading Mercycle. Yeah, I know that most of it is crap, but after Updike...! I may try Updike again someday--and not another Rabbit book--but right now I've got no use for him. The Rabbit books can be used as toilet paper for all I care. I did start to read Point Counter Point, but I decided that it was a bit too much for me right now. I need the literary equivalent of cotton candy right now. Oh, and I watched the Kevin Kline-Callista Flockhart-Michelle Ph. version of Midsummer Night's Dream. Not too bad. I liked the balding Puck. And Kline was a good Bottom, though his American accent surrounded by British accents was a little odd. Callista was an odd casting choice--not too sure I liked her but the role was pretty fluffy so I guess it doesn't matter. But I know fuck all about Shakespeare and film.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home