Thursday, May 05, 2005

A few thoughts on babies...

So, yeah, to all my friends:

If you are not planning on having babies in the next nine months, you may just want to not have sex.

Why?

Because there seems to be an epidemic. Every time I turn around, someone else is pregnant.

This is not necessarily a bad thing for me. I figure I probably will never have children (and here is where everyone jumps in and insists that I will change my mind someday. And while I accept that this is a possibility, I also accept that I may never change my mind. So there.) So, I am cultivating future "Aunt Deirdre" relationships. I may never be "Mommy Deirdre," but "Aunt Deirdre" is sometjust about my speed. I can be the crazy, wacky, eccentric aunt who buys cool toys and has lots of cats. the one who jets off to exotic countries and brings back pet monkeys for everyone (okay, just joking. I am much too much a neat freak to travel with something that flings poo. That is another good reason for me to not have children.)

So, yeah, I encourage all my friends to make babies so I can have the ever fascinating experience of watching kids grow and develop without any of the stinky poo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home