Friday, January 28, 2005

January 28, 2005

Once again, putting off a trip to Nimes. I will get there eventually—I hope. But it was snowing today. And now that I’ve finally got my room warm and cozy (two radiators and lots of blankets on my bed) I just see no reason to go out into the snow to see some Roman ruins. I have tea, bread, and butter. And some chocolate. All in my room. Why would I emerge? (Unless to get more bread or chocolate).

I was planning on leaving this morning. In fact, I had packed up my bag last night and set my alarm clock. This morning the alarm didn’t sound, and when I woke up it was snowing. Yeck.

So, if I’m not going to Nimes today I should at least go to the IUFM and get some work done. Only I have to walk to the IUFM and it is cold and snowing.

Yes, I realize that, given the amount of snow that was dumped on everyone back home, I have absolutely no right to complain about something that is technically only a dusting. But this is my weblog and I’ll bitch if I want to. Anyway, it is the wind that makes it all so miserable here. The temperature itself combined with a little bit of snow is not so bad, but when you add the wind…

Cold!

That’s what it is.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home