Tuesday, March 29, 2005

March 29, 2005

We had another Briffaut-Camille Vernet language assistants match de foot yesterday. (I was in Venice for the first one so I missed it). Wow, am I sore now. It was three hours of football (soccer for all us Yankees). I may never actually walk again. Turns out I am (as I previously suspected) bloody awful. This was no Bend it like Beckham here… Oh well. I did have fun. That is, until I saw the pictures, where I looked like a blob of pinkish jelly hulking my way back and forth between the goals. Yuck.

Anyway, I am proud of myself because I had (almost) no fear. I mean, I refused to play goalie because having people send balls flying at my head is not my idea of good, safe fun, but I did manage to get the ball away from Paco (yes, this is Helena’s Paco, who turns out to be quite good at football) several times. Granted, once I got it, I had absolutely no control over it, but hey, I was proud of myself for the little I did accomplish. (Still not sure what that was, but hey, whatever…).

As for other news, I think that Sophie has had Yanis by now. When I was over there for lunch yesterday her water broke. It was not at all like I thought it would be. We were getting ready to sit down for lunch and she excused herself to the bathroom. When she came out she was just like (quite calmly, too) “I think I broke my water” and then we all sat down to eat lunch. When we were finished, she called a friend to take her and Hamid to the hospital. So, yeah, who knows. But I am so glad that Hamid will be (was?) with her when she gives (gave?) birth. I think that has got to be such a comfort to her. (She was smart too. She made sure he ate before they went to the hospital. Talk about presence of mind!).

Anyhoo, that is all the recent news. ‘course, by the time you guys all read this, there will be all sorts of other stuff going on, but oh well. I will try to record all that for you too.

Oh yeah, I still have to write about my Strasbourg/Basel/Berlin trip and my Venice trip. Yeesh. I will get to it. Eventually. I promise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home