Tuesday, January 24, 2006

GRANDmothers and sisters

I'm starting to get concerned about my grandmother. She is back in the hospital. She went in for surgery a while ago and now she has some infections which just aren't healing. She's a tough ol' broad, but she is a diabetic and not in the best health.

What really bothers me about all this is my sister. My grandparents haven't seen my sister in a long time--I think about seven years. The only time they get to talk to her is when they track her down and call her. When she moves she doesn't even bother to give them (or anyone else) a new phone number or address. She doesn't return phone calls. She only occasionally returns e-mails. But mainly, she never initiates contact with any of us.

My grandparents love her--as well they should. She is their second grandchild and was, for a long time, the baby of the family. Whenever I see my grandparents they want to know all about her: what she is doing, how she is, how her life is going, if she's going to have children, etc. And I get so angry because this is all stuff she should be telling them.

At this point, if there is anything I could give my grandparents, it would be my sister. I would just throw her in the trunk of my car and drive out west so they could see her one last time.

2 Comments:

At 6:08 PM, Blogger Ovonia Red said...

...and then after they got to see her I'd strangle the heartless little bitch.

 
At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The ending sentiment of the original post made me think of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, when Randy Quaid's character kidnaps Chevy Chase's boss and brings him back to the house, complete with the big red bow.
The follow-up comment didn't follow in the same vein, but it seems understandable (if blatant for a public post). ;)
Take care...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home