Thursday, October 19, 2006

New Resume Item

So I just had an art major here at school stop by and ask me to model for her. She said I had an "interesting mask". I'll take that as a compliment, I think. ;)

Anyway, I told her I would do it. I figure it is something different (and it appeals to my ego). It also gives me an excuse to be still for an extended period of time (which sounds really good, but we shall see how well it works out in practice, considering how much I fidget when I'm at the computer).

I wonder if I can add this to my resume. Artist's Model. Hmmmm.....

5 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh...nifty! :)

But is it nude??

Either way, I'm sure it'll be story fodder somehow. ;)

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Ovonia Red said...

Anna - Not nude.

El Capitain - Not exactly paid. I figure she is a starving student/artist, so I didn't feel comfortable accepting her offer of money. We've talked about bartering--I'd like to actually have a peice of her artwork. Plus, I just find the whole process interesting. So far.

Anyway, I went for my first "session" last Sunday afternoon. She used the time to take pictures (about 300 of them) of me in a particular pose. I actually didn't mid standing (I was allowed to move around), but the big problem was that I was tense, so most of the pictures did not look natural. She may decide that it was a mistake to ask me to do this--I told her that my feelings would not be hurt if she changed her mind. Anyway, we shall see.

DJ

 
At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barterers/Traders/Deal-makers of the world, Unite!

I like the bartering/trading aspect. Sounds pretty neat.

Good luck feeling natural...I'm sure it'll come with practice. ;)

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger Abu Mahmoud said...

Hehehe... Cool. You know, I've never thought of it like that, but you do have an interesting 'mask.' There's something in your face that definitely would make a good painting.

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger STAG said...

Its been so long since I have seen you I couldn't pick you out of a crowd now Dove! However, the woman I knew back then was reserved, and scarred inside. The mask was a little ill-fitting...it couldn't hide the intelligence and wonder bubbling up inside.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home