Sunday, September 03, 2006

Florida

And here are some pictures from Florida's "Redneck Riviera" (as my father so lovingly refers to it). The sand was white, the water was clear, and the sun was intense. (Sunblock every two hours, cover-ups galore, and I just stayed inside from noon to 3pm every day. It worked--I came back without any major sunburns and only a little sun rash. Yea me!)



Panama City Beach



Not a trip to Florida unless you come back with a picture of one of these!



Just a cool pic.



Remember the Truman Show? Well, that creepy little village actually exists--and it's in Florida (wow, what a surprise there). It is called Seaside and it is creepier in real life than it is in the movies. I figure that is where dermatologists and plastic surgeons go to vacation.



More Seaside. Yeah, it's creepy, but it is also fascinating.

More pics later. 'night!

4 Comments:

At 9:28 PM, Blogger New Fool said...

Hi all this, the something, a place, yes no. Right?

 
At 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, just wanting to clarify: Some scenes in "The Truman Show" were shot in Seaside, and the town denizens are plastic-perfect?

These were yet more great pictures, D. I hope the trip turned out as well as the pics. :)

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger STAG said...

Krikey! That looks like the town from the old "Prisoner" series.

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Ovonia Red said...

Anna--Yup, most of the movie was filmed in Seaside. As for the denizens, I don't know if they are plastic-perfect or not. I assume they are. It is just that my limited experiences with plastic surgeons and dermatologists have left me with the impression that Seaside is the type of place that might appeal to them.

Stag--That's exactly what my Dad said. Now I need to hunt down "Prisoner" so I can spend time watching that insead of doing homework (or posting more pictures on my 'blog).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home