Friday, August 25, 2006

In Florida

Well, I'm currently in Florida, trying to enjoy the water while avoiding the sun (it's pretty tricky). Anyway, I would post more pics of Mexico up, but my laptop (a POS Dell) is not letting me get on the free wireless internet service in the room. I really have no idea what the heck is going on with it. If I can figure it out (or if I decide to bring it with me next time I come to the computer room at the hotel) I will post some Mexico pictures (I can't post any Florida pictures yet because I don't have the camera cord to transfer pics from the camera (Dad's) to my laptop.

Anyway, things have been pretty crazy for the past few weeks. RIght at the end of my Mexico trip, I got sick. I was sick for about four or five days (while I was in DC with Mom), then, just as soon as I got well, I went back to Salisbury with Mom to help her clean the house she had just bought. The folks who had moved out had left the place an absolute pigsty. Mom found used dental floss in the medicine cabinet, a tampon applicator (sans tampon) in the same bathroom, and layers of filth on the hardwood floors (also, teenage girl was sticking gum between the floor and the molding. Eww). The folks before had owned the house for four years, and it looked like they haden't cleaned once in the entire time. (So now Mom and I have a new standard of cleanliness: If you've cleaned at least once in the past four years, you're doing okay.) Anyway, it was a little over a week of over twelve hours a day painting, cleaning, moving boxes, putting down carpet, scrubbing very nasty things off of and out of very filthy rooms... etc.

(To be continued...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home