Tuesday, July 18, 2006

It's all about me.

So, I need to figure out some way to fix my Colbert video so that it does not overlap my little blogger bar, but I think that, overall, I have done a rather excellent job for someone who doesn't now much about computers. Anyway, I also added a trailer for Clerks 2 (I have discovered a new depth of appreciation for the original Clerks, and I plan on running out to see Clerks 2--no matter how bad it is supposed to suck--just as soon as I finish my convenience store shift.) I also (also) found the video for Total Eclipse of the Heart, which embodies everything bad about the 80s (minus Reagan and leggings, but it does hit just about everything else). Watch the video and laugh your ass off (Then go out and rent Bandits, with Cate Blanchett and BB Thorton (Thornton?)

Anyway, a few days back, this chick (okay, older than a chick, but not exactly a lady) walks into the store with her hubby and two kids. She stops in the middle of the store, looks around, and says (I kid you not), "Oh. It's just a store." And then she huffs out with her family. I turn to E. (the Randell to my Dante), and we both raise our eyebrows and wonder out loud what part of the "Boardwalk Convenience Store" sign might have led this woman to the conclusion that we were, in fact, something other than a store. Hmmm.

2 Comments:

At 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So how'd you like Clerks II?

I'm a little worried it'll be Kevin Smith commercialized/Hollywoodized (think "Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back." Or Krusty the Clown and his Canyonero on the Simpsons)...but I do want to see it. :)

'course, it's been a long time since I've seen anything by Kevin Smith. Maybe he didn't sell out completely on J&SB.

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Ovonia Red said...

I never made it to Clerks II. Co-worker E. and I went to see Pirates II. I share your concerns about Clerks II, though.

DJ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home