Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Direction-less Directions

So, my summer job: I'm working in a store on the Ocean City Boardwalk (East Coast. Remember that little piece of information. It's important.) Not too bad, now that senior "week" (actually lasting three hellish weeks) is over.

I'm on seventh street; closest public restroom is on ninth street. Week before last someone comes into the store, demands to use the bathroom. I tell her there's one two blocks north on ninth street. She rolls her eyes, huffs in exasperation, and says with a sneer, "Which way's north?"

2 Comments:

At 9:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was it an Entourage episode where one of the guys commented about the sun rising over the ocean? And they were in California?

Not everybody has a rough map in the head, I guess.

Good one

Mom

 
At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Initially, when I thought I was going to have to wait all summer for the stockpiled stories of an overworked/underpaid/keenlybemused convenience store worker, I was bummed.
Then lo and behold, a story popped up sooner than expected! I enjoyed it, even if I didn't comment on it quickly.
Thanks for not making us wait the whole summer for these little nugget-goodies. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home