Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year

Well, here are some updates:

1. I have found a place to live. It is short-term--just a month or so, but it gives me a chance to breathe a little and figure how much I can realistically spend on rent. And my roommate is really nice.

2. Although the apartment had internet access, I can't figure out how to get on with my laptop. I think there may be a password or code or something that would allow the internet provider to recognize my laptop. Who knows. I hope that I can get on the internet using my laptop at the school. I will post pictures as soon as I can--I promise. Anyway, it is winter in Europe, which means even the pretties things look a little gloomy.

3. I start my new job tomorrow. I'm nervous, but I keep telling myself that I will be fine. They may have everything in the classrooms so structured that it will drive me nuts--I don't know. We shall see.

4. Prague is a cool city. The Czech language is a little screwy, but I plan on taking the school's Czech classes, so hopefully in sex months I will learn how to say "Where is the bathroom" and "I would like to buy a ticket for the metro, please" and "500 grams of that meat over there, please." I figure theses are the most important things for me right now.

5. I'm eating way too many cookies. My roommate has a box of cookies her mom made, and she keeps offering them to me. And I kep eating them. But they are so good, I don't think I will stop eating them until they are gone. And then I will be upset that they are gone.

6. There are fums all over my roommate's apartment. Her boyfriend is a drummer and she is a dance instructor. But it is all cool--it makes me feel right at home.

Anyway, I think that's it.

6 Comments:

At 10:31 AM, Blogger Ovonia Red said...

Oh, and the usual Happy New Year to everyone--I hope it goes well for all of you. Great success or, if not that, no major crises.

DJ

 
At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you and your roommate were made for one another. How is the food in Prague? I expect you to have scoped out the best sausage and dumplings places for when I get there in June!
Good luck with your new class. I'm sure that you will do just fine.
Brenda

 
At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the continued updates. (Hey, after all, what's a blog for? ;))

All in all it sounds thrilling and nerve-wracking. Good luck picking up all the fundamental phrases quickly...and the concept of "sex months" is a huge boost to the visit consideration. ;)

 
At 3:51 AM, Blogger Ovonia Red said...

As usual, the combination of cold fingers and unusual keyboards leads me to make some interesting types (add this to a general inability to spell and a lack of proof-reading and a general state of exhaustation... well, there you have it.

No apologies. I got less than three hours of sleep last night, so I'm too tired to care too much about my typos.

 
At 7:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really not trying to insult you. I know how it goes.
(But the sex one seemed notable.)

Good luck hitting your stride and getting caught up on sleep and living it up. :)

...
It's pronounced ANAL-Anna ;)

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Ovonia Red said...

S'okay. I'm just a little (a lot) overly sensitive right now. Major changes and stressors and all that.

DJ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home