Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Buda

Budapest is divided into two parts: Buda and Pest. Buda is the older part of town (on the left side of the Danube River). It contains the castle, the Citadella, Fisherman's Bastion, and a giant church (ugh, guess I should get my guidebook out to look this one up... Matthias Church).

Here is a picture of the Budapest Castle from the Pest side of the river.


Matthias Church and Fisherman Bastion from the Pest side of the river.


The Chain Bridge, looking over to the Buda side of the river. We stumbled onto a street festival.



Part of the Budapest Castle.



Fisherman's Bastion.




Statue of St Stephan, Hungary's first king.


Anyway, I managed to take a killer nap--I finally crawled out of bed at 8:30... pm. In my defense, I was not actually asleep most of the time. I was just lying there, thinking. Still, I don't think I'm gonna be getting much sleep tonight. But then, we will see. I have a lot of missed sleep time to make up for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home