Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Ohrid, Macedonia

Redeeming the nasty mess that is Skopje is Ohrid, right next to the Albanian border. (I know I should be telling you stories too, but I just don't feel like writing them all out. I do have some Ohrid stories, which I may or may not tell at some point in the future. Feel free to guilt me about it like you guys did with the toilet story.) Anyway, Ohrid was beautiful. I had actually planned on crossing over into Albania, but that right there is its own little story.

Orthodox Church. I don't remember the name of it and I don't have my guide book with me (sorry). The man inside the church was nice and gave me a tour of the frescos that began in English and cycled through Macedonian, French, and German and ended in Spanish. The crazy thing was that I could follow the entire thing (granted, I had pictures to help. And it was all about saints.)


Another Orthodox Church. The grounds around the church were being excavated by University students.


Lake Ohrid.



Lake Ohrid in the sunset.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home