Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Freezing my ass off in the Andes...

Aggghhhh, it is so freaking cold here! Why did I think that living in the mountains would be warmer than living in Prague?? Oh, yeah, I remember--I´m on the freaking EQUATOR. Guess an altitude of, what, 9,000 feet or so negates the warming influence of living on the middle of the world. Brrrr.....

On an up note, I was totally expecting to be sick today. So far, so good. And that comment will need to be explained, I guess, but I don´t know that I want to do it now. My fingers are too freaking cold to type.

EDIT: Read this: http://www.igougo.com/story-s1323803-Latacunga-La_Mama_Negra_Fiesta_(Religious).html. It does a prettu good job of describing the festival. And, of course, I will have pictures later on. I promise.

4 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, maybe if you weighed more than two pounds you'd stay a little warmer! Geez!

-the lil sis. : )

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Ovonia Red said...

This coming from the chick who weighs in at a pound and a half, soaking wet!

 
At 6:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's the only one who can credibly say, "gain some weight", you know!!!

Mom

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Ovonia Red said...

Naw, I think her comment that I should gain weight is perhaps the least credible of all.

Anyway, the banana split I had yesterday should add to the poundage (it was huge).

DJ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home