Monday, October 06, 2008

Puerto Lopez, Ecuador

From Cuenca, I was faced with a choice: head straight back to Quito, go inland to the jungle, or head to the coast. I had meet a Swiss girl who was heading to Puerto Lopez (and had also talked to several other people who were either going there or coming from there) and it seemed to be the place to go, so I tagged along with D., the Swiss girl, and we went west to the ocean.


Puerto Lopez fishing boat.



And--Puerto Lopez fish!


Blue-footed Boobies on Isla de la Plata, also known as the poor man's Galapagos.

Tai Chi on the beach! It was overcast and windy and chilly, but the water was warm. After a bit of time in the water, I needed to warm up and dry off some, so I went through some Tai Chi.


Tortuga Beach. But no Tortugas. Bummer.


Feeding the fish. We had the option to go snorkeling with them, but it was just way too cold (the water was fine, but getting out of the water would have been a little too difficult).


This is just an outline of the tail end of my two-week trek through Ecuador. I will be posting more (much more), but my internet connection is really slow, so please have patience.

4 Comments:

At 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a good thing you posted pictures of the blue-footed boobies...I would have had a MUCH different idea on those otherwise...

*sigh* I need to get out more...

-the sis

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Ovonia Red said...

Well, you can always come visit me in Ecuador...

-the Sis.

 
At 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the Tai Chi picture. I'd use it as your avatar or have it come up on my phone when you called, if we communicated that way. (And if I paid to have internet/picture-messages on my phone.) :)

--Anna

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger STAG said...

I see you found Nemo. And would you like some sand with that swordfish? The dog has that look...like....you want me to eat what?

The boobies are so cute! I love the bright eyes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home