Friday, May 20, 2005

Moving on...

Well, the director of Salisbury English Graduate Studies sent me an e-mail informing me that he was going to consider me for a TESOL tutoring position. This would carry a full tuition waiver and a little bit of money. I need to get three people to approve me and one of them has given me a thumbs up so far--two to go. For this job I would be working one on one with ESL students--not as big a deal, I think, as teaching a Freshman Composition class. I still need to get more details about it, but I can ask my questions when I drive down to Salisbury (again) next Tuesday and meet with the second person.

Mom has said that, if I don't get any tuition assistance, she can help me out. But I will already be living with her and eating her food... and she will probably be paying for my car insurance... I just hate feeling like I am bleeding my parents dry. Mom keeps reminding me that I paid for my own car and that neither she nor Dad had to pay anything for my undergraduate degree, but still...

Anyway, if this Tutoring thing doesn't work out, I figure there is always Barnes and Noble. Also, the apartment where we will be living is right next to a mall--surely I can find something there...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home