Friday, September 02, 2005

Our Hell

I've started reading French news on the Internet. That way, when I see the pictures, I can pretend that this crisis is happening far, far away, in some distant poor country. I can pretend that this is all the fault of some corrupt government in a third-world country.

Remember four years ago, when Pat Robinson said that 9/11 was God's punishment against homosexuality and abortion and we all thought he was nuts? Well, he may have been on to something--only he got the message wrong.

Thank about it. Two disasters of epic proportions, occurring 9 to ten months after a presidential election. Maybe God really is sending us a message. Maybe he is telling us that Bush should not be president.

Just a thought.

(Actually, I have to give credit to my Mom on this one--she was the one who reminded me of Robinson's asinine remarks and pointed out the post-election time-frame.)

I need to stop thinking about all this, though--or I will make myself sick.

1 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Blogger STAG said...

nine months and eleven days!

Hmmmmmmm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home