Friday, January 05, 2007

Postscript

This is a postscript to the last journal entry in the previous blog entry (the cranky/depressed/stressed/emotional blog--you will know it when you see it).

I feel better. Not great, but better. I no longer feel like going to the airport RIGHT NOW and taking the first plane back to the US. (I just thought I should mention that, in case anyone was too worried about me).

I've told myself that I will stay until the end of January (or when I need to move out of my apartment, which is around the 20th of January) and see how I feel then. But I honestly feel that, if I can just get through the next two weeks, I will be okay. It just seems like, with teaching, there is such a long period of making mistakes and doing things wrong and having things completely fall apart--no matter how much school you have had, it doesn't really seem to change this period of learning (learning by screwing up, that is). SO I know I need to give myself some time to try and work through this initial period, instead of giving up right away (soooooo tempting, I am not going to lie about this. Pole dancing as a career path is looking better and better...). BUT. Damnit, I am going to get through this--or at least as much as I can for as long as I can. And I am going to make it get better--just because that is the type of person I am.

SO, I was going to write something else, but I've completely forgotten what it was.

Ha! I went to write the word salary on the whiteboard this morning for a class and realized I was not completely sure how to spell it, so I just wrote "how much a person makes." Crappy erratic English spelling.

2 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is quite an adjustment made harder by jet lag. But, keep your chin up, you will be fine. I always said that you had a lot of life experience for someone your age. You are so lucky to be able to do the things that you do. When you get settled you will do just fine.
Brenda

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Ovonia Red said...

Thanks for the words of encouragement and also for you overall belief in me. That means so much to me--even when I lack belief in myself, my friends and family have more that enough belief in me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home