Sunday, May 20, 2007

Morning Tea and Internet News

SO, I'm drinking my morning tea and reading some news on the internet when I come across this little gem: aggressive diplomacy. I'm sure it means something to someone out there, but I've been sitting here scratching my head for the past three minutes (give or take a few seconds). Does anyone else out there agree with me that there is something fundamentally wrong, or am I just losing my mind? (Or is it too early for me to try to think too much?)

Anyway, I have some exciting news. It looks like I'm going to be working in New Jersey this summer. I've been offered an internship with ETS (Educational Testing Services), where I will be helping to prepare the writing portion of the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language). It is a paid internship (wahoo!) and it is apparently a little difficult to get. So, I'm gonna spend six weeks doing that and then take three or four weeks and visit family. The main stressers are that I need to get my airline ticket changed (which is turning out to be a little more complicated than I thought it would be) and I need to find a temporary place to live in Jersey (in or near Princeton). But I have a wonderful mommy who is helping me with those things. The only bummer about the whole thing is that I am probably going to miss the Gogol Bordello concert just outside of Prague on July 4. But I figure that is a small price to pay for such a cool opportunity.

3 Comments:

At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,
They might be less ...darn it, I'm sure there's a synonym for "worldly" that begins with an "e," but I'm not finding it...anyway, New Jersey and/or the Eastern Shore might not be as worldly as, say, Prague and affiliated long-weekend trips, but they're definitely more budget-friendly.
If you forsee some down/catchup/visit time whilst in NJ or MD, let me know? :)

 
At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go you!!
I hope they fixin' to pay you some real money--and that you do get a chance to slip down the coast and to Annapolisish????

--Hilary who can't be arsed to sign in

 
At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shame about the GB concert, but from their website, they have a show in Vienna sometime in June. Maybe you could catch them there!

Mom
(who also couldn't be bothered to sign in!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home