Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Cinco de Mayo

Well, my Roomie and I celebrated Cinco de Mayo this year. Only, we celebrated on the 6th of May (because I didn't get to the grocery store early enough on the 5th). We had Chicken Enchiladas--which turned out excellent--and refried beans (I shelled out beaucoup crowns for the can, but it was worth it).

In fact, the meal was so good that we've decided to celebrate Cinco de C'erven! (the fifth of June--half Spanish, half Czech).

Well, it was raining when I got up this morning but now it has cleared up so I guess I'm going to go jogging...

4 Comments:

At 7:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems fitting enough. I'm reading about Prague during the reign of Rudoph II in the late 1500's and it was certainly a cosmopolitan place.
How about Diwali and Tet? Are you able to get foods for those holidays?
Brenda

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Ovonia Red said...

Well, Mom sent me a HUGE bag of Curry... so I've got Diwali covered, I think. Also, there are a few Vietnamese immigrants here, so I could probably find something for Tet if I wanted.

Today I made more quiche, deviled eggs (yum!), and some Zucchini Au Gratin... turning into quite the cook. But yeah, that is basically the extent of excitement in my life right now--wondering what I'm going to cook next.

When you get here you will have to tell me all about Prague/Czech Republic history. I've picked up on a couple of things (Hussites, Zizkov, defenestration) but I obviously don't have them in any chronological order...

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Ovonia Red said...

Oh! And you guys will be here to celebrate Cinco de C'erven with us!

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger STAG said...

Anything I should bring for the festivities? Forget the pinata...too bulky...you'll just have to string ME up lieu.
Do you get Maple Syrup in Bohemia? Do they even know what that is?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home