Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Standing...

So, I'm not actually going to post about the hurricane--even though CNN is on right the television that is just right above my head right now. I'm in Salisbury and my Mom has finally kicked me (gently) out of her office. I ought to be in the University Writing Center, waiting for ESL students who will never actually arrive. The only problem with this is that I do not have a key to the WC... So I've been walking between the WC and my Mom's office all day (whic hare on opposite ends of the campus). Anyway, I was in Mom's office complaining about my lack-of-key-ness and hogging her computer and she showed me to the hall where there are three computer stations which one can use as long as one is willing to stand. But such was my need to 'blog that I am currently standing up, shifting from foot to foot to try and ease my poor, blistered feet (you know, from walking back and forth across campus).

I am having one of those days where I am constantly wondering if I am making a mistake by coming back to University. And not just the age-related, all-my-friends-have-jobs issue that is never far from the surface. Today it is more what-the-hell-am-I-doing-here-I-don't-fit-in mixed with some who-am-I-kidding-I'm-not-really-smart-enough-to-be-here-hell-even-the-freshmen-are-smarter-than-me.

Oh so tired. Time to head back in to my Mom's office and get some tea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home