Sunday, November 13, 2005

So-

-I bought the latest Shakira cd and I'm enjoying it ware more than I thought I would. I thought it would be kinda nice, in a fluffy pop kinda way. Naw. It is damn good.

Meanwhile, I've asked mom for the latest Negramaro cd (super expensive import). Negramaro is an Italian group that has won awards--awesome group.

Been listening to Carmen Consoli as well (another Italian).

And Khaled (Algerian, by way of France).

And, when I need cheering up, I have my Russian Star Academy (or Star Factory, which I think might be the better translation). Totally pop, but the Russian sounds so cute on it.

So I'm feeling all international now.

I may have to go out and buy another Shakira cd now. Maybe I will wait until I've memorized all the words to the songs on this cd--which will be a challange, as it is all in Spanish.

Damn. I have to learn Spanish.

2 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Blogger STAG said...

a friend of mine learned Spanish...she said it was easier than learning French. You will have to confirm that!

I am personally a Gordon Lightfoot kick. I believe that nobody sings his songs as good as he does, or rather, they always sound sappy and forced when other people play/sing them. The guitar work is stunning in all his songs.

We need an "all Gordon Lightfoot all the time " radio station.

Regards,
Bill

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Ovonia Red said...

I was in a German class a few years ago. Even though some of the German was coming back to me, I still felt more comfortable with French. If I was trying to say something in German and I couldn't think of the correct word, my mind would automatically revert to French (even though the English word would probably have been closer). TO make things even crazier, I started working with Spanish speaking immigrants shortly after that ill-fated German class. Naturally, I started to pick up some Spanish. Now, if I couldn't think of how to say something in Spanish, instead of going to the French (which again, would have been logical), my mind would go to the German. So I had some bizarre heirarchy of language in my poor little brain.

Now I've managed to forget all the German and Spanish I picked up (easy come, easy go) and I'm struggling to retain the French.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home