Thursday, February 01, 2007

More Czech Journal

January 31, 2007 8:36pm


So… tired… brain…hurting… body… too tired to feel much of anything at this point. I can’t figure out if it wants some food or not. Probably not.

Another modified Murphy’s Law day (Law of the Friday Morning DVD). This is what happens when you have to teach an out-of-Prague lesson involving a tram ride, a metro ride, a bus ride, a cell phone call, and a car ride (consider the possibilities for disaster). I can’t even go into it now—too traumatic. And I get to do it all again next week.

And this is 22 teaching hours. Most people carry at least 30. I am doing something seriously wrong here.

I’m teaching three classes tomorrow and two of them are not prepped. One is just not gonna get prepped before it is taught (tomorrow at 7:30am). The other, well, prep time may be replacing lunch. I have no idea what I am going to do with them. I need to create another grammar exercise to go over what we did Tuesday (which they had problems with, but there is nothing else in the book to give them the practice they need). I also want to do something fun because it is the last day of class and I feel I should reward them for just showing up.

And I have an observation coming up soon. Paralysis setting in, starting at the lungs. Can’t. Breathe. Gasp. Darkness. Fading. No light. (How great am I that I can overact on paper/blog?)

And my face is completely broken out. Insult to injury. Trauma to trauma. Molehill to mountain (and trust me, I’ve got some serious mountains on my face right now).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home