Thursday, January 25, 2007

Lesson 2: on the nature of time

So, I am discovering that time is not exactly a constant. Instead, it is streachy--like taffy. That would explain why it accelerates as the week moves forward to the end. One second (or minute or hour) on Monday lasts about three times as long as a second (or minute or hour) on Thursday. It begins to slow a little on Friday (especially during my three hour conversation class!), then it picks back up again Friday night and Saturday. It slows slightly on Sunday, then it is at its slowest on Monday. I don't know why this happens, but I am dubbing it my "Taffy" theory of time.

Gotta go teach a class. Yea.

3 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Einstein would be proud.

 
At 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that your "taffy theory" has some merit and should be studied more closely. I've never seen it put so precisely before. A linguistics prof of mine simply stated that, "An hour on the couch with your loved one is much shorter than an hour spent in the dentist's chair." A wise man indeed.
Brenda

 
At 8:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm... I'd heard of something similar to this--that the length of a minute depended on which side of the bathroom door one was on.

I do like the "Taffy Time Theory." :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home