Sunday, February 11, 2007

Notes

So, I don't know if I mentioned this before or not, but Mickey Ds is a luxury good here. A McD's meal is 99 crowns. That is generally more than I spend on food in a day--let alone a meal! (Okay, we just won't mention my 124 crown pizza that I polished off in one sitting last week).

Anyway, one of my classes is in a mall. If I have a few minutes before the class, I wander the mall and look at stuff. It is all so completely out of my price range. I'm not used to not being able to afford anything in a mall... it is disorienting. I mean, in the States I'm not a big mall rat and I don't spend a lot of money anyway, but I know that if I want to get a few clothes once a month (or once every couple of months), I can afford it. Not so here. I'm sure there are cheap places to get clothes and stuff, but I haven't found them yet.

Hmmm, what else... I think I'm over my cold. Finally. I'm still a little congested, but it's not too bad. Damn, it took me about a week to get over that thing. (Probably because I kept having to go outside to travel to classes and ride on the trams and metro with other sick people).

Last week two of my classes were on break and one of my students canceled, so I was short 10 teaching hours. I made up four hours by subbing two classes, but I still need to make up some more time. I may try to sub a class or two tomorrow if there are any available. I was really short on hours January so I am trying to make sure I have at least 20 hours a week in February (plus it's a short month, so...). I think I'm gonna need to add another class in a couple of weeks.

I also have an observation coming up at the end of the month...

Well, I'm gonna head to bed. I have a lot of stuff I want to write about the Czech psyche, but I think it is going to have to wait until a later time. I also need to write about my adventure trying to sub at a local bank. (Actually, both of my sub jobs last week were at banks... and both were adventures). I think I also need to write about my ADD student (adult). I think that's it... for now.

1 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, Blogger STAG said...

Happy Valentine's Day from Canada...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home