Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Tech Support?

Mom suggested that I find someone out here who can act as my tech support, but I had to point out to her that, in Europe, I am tech support. (It was like this in France too). (My roomie and I had this discussion: Americans who are generally clueless with computers but who suddenly become experts upon arrival in Europe. Kinda cool, but ultimately, kinda scary).

Anyway, here's my question. Why is it that, every time my (HP) laptop goes on standby, I have to re-boot the computer to get back on the internet? I thought there was simply no internet. I was wrong--it is my laptop (dear god, I've destroyed another one). Is there some way to avoid this whole off-on thing, or am I just cursed?

By the way, I have no hot water. I don't even have any tepid water. It is 8:52 in the morning and the water heater should be awake by now. (This tends to happen to me if I skip a day without bathing).

And I'm still sick. Oh, and I got my roommate sick. And I ate all of her oatmeal raisin cookies. I am going to roommate hell.

4 Comments:

At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In my experience, if you want a computer question answered, ask a three-year old!

 
At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*ROTFLOL* Per your mom's comments above . . . you can't be that bad. :-) Maybe there's a separate corner of roommate hell reserved for the REALLY bad ones!

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Joe said...

I tried your email, but it bounced. So, here's a good discussion of the problem with standby:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/archive/index.php?t-6327.html

Good luck!

 
At 2:28 AM, Blogger Ovonia Red said...

Maybe I will go to a different circle of roommate hell... or maybe roommate purgatory...

Anyway, the roomie and I are getting along (so far). We spent last night talking about the problems with boyfriends (we both have issues with clingy guys). Then we watched _The Scorpian King_. Yeah. It was just one of those nights.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home