Saturday, March 24, 2007

Experiment

So, when Mom was here she suggested that I might be a touch hypoglycemic. I checked out some info from the web, and I think she might be right. I've had my blood sugar tested before and everything has always been fine, so I don't think.. well, hard to explain.. I don't think I really have hypoglycemia, but I think I might benefit from trying to follow some of the suggestions for dealing with hypoglycemia (basically, I have a tendency to crash about three or four hours after I eat--I get cranky and tired, I develop a headache, I feel anxious and jittery, and I can't focus). I'm going to try to eat something every three hours and see if that helps. I might (if I get really motivated) try to keep a notebook and record when and what I eat and how I feel. (I probably won't. I will probably just use this as an excuse to EAT FOOD!). I do need to do a better job keeping away from sugar, though--I really have been eating too much sugar since I got to Prague. (I just need to finish the two bags of cookies I bought and the three tons of candy Mom brought for me first... and I better do it quickly so I'm not tempted to eat it in the future...)

2 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She could be onto something. I've known people who were hypogylcemic and changing their diets made a huge difference in their moods and overall well-being.
Perhaps you could keep a log book with your food intake and how you feel. Then you could track any trends. Bill did this when he was diagnosed with migraines and it helped him to pinpoint his triggers.
Good luck.
Brenda

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Ovonia Red said...

By the way, Mom... that peanut butter filled chocolate bar... fan-freakin-tastic. I have to really fight the urge to just finish it all up in one sitting (it is slightly over half gone now).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home