Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The Danube

I took so many pictures of the Danube I figured I should post them as their own group.

A fountain on Margaret Island. It seemed to be a favorite place to congregate.


Parliament across the Danube.

Bridges across the Danube, looking south from the Citadella.


Margaret Island, Margaret Bridge, and Parliament.


Parliament across the Danube, picture taken from the Citadella.


The Chain Bridge with St Stephan's Basilica behind.

So, those are the pictures. I also need to write about the trip. It was, as usual, a bit of an adventure. Things to write about:

Portuguese travel companions.
I discover that Portugal does indeed have a military.
Sleeping on a train.
The Squatter's Hostel (but at least I didn't have to pee in a bucket).
Intense Hungarian sun. Yes, it was bad.
Walking, walking, walking...
Breaded turkey breasts (I had to consult a dictionary to discover that it was turkey).
Swimsuit shopping without wanting to commit Hari-Kari (spelling?) afterwards.
Thermal baths.
Lots and lots of ice cream (Zmrzlina!)
Applications of SPF 60+ Sunblock every two hours. And I only got a little bit of a burn.
Insanely expensive public transport (Western Prices).

2 Comments:

At 10:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the "The Chain Bridge with St Stephan's Basilica behind." picture's my favorite of this batch.
Exciting, beautiful travels and tales, my friend. :)

 
At 10:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

....and now for something completely different:

Is there an appropriate verb tense change within the following sentence?
"Benoit strangled his wife and son during the weekend, placing Bibles next to their bodies, before hanging himself."

I dont' get why they switched from -ed to -ing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home