Sunday, July 29, 2007

Vienna Pics... finally

So... here are some pictures from Vienna. I didn't have a guidebook with me when I went, so I basically just walked around for two days and snapped pictures of anything I thought was interesting. At some point I'm going to need to go through all my pictures (and not just the Vienna ones--everything from the past six months) and label them. Oh, and figure out what I want to print (I like to print out my best pictures and put them into photo albums. I have three very nice albums from my travels. I think I am going to have to buy a fourth album soon.)


This is quite possibly a picture of the Rathaus. Yes, I believe it is.


Okay, this is definitely Hundertwasser. Damn, I'm doing good here.


Uhhhh... no idea. I know exactly where I found it in the city and I could easily find it again (on a map or in the city), but I don't remember what it is. Well, I know what it is: Baroque. But honestly, in Vienna? That's a little obvious.


And here we have the obligatory tourist picture of the Mozart Statue. Hmmm.. Mozart was in Vienna? To hear the Czechs talk, he was a born and bred Pragger! (They really try to claim Mozart in Prague).


Uhhhh, bit Baroque palace complex. Involved lots and lots of walking. I didn't actually go into the palace (what's the point? Honestly, once you've seen one big, sprawling Baroque palace, you've seen them all).


Giant ferris wheel! There was a permanent amusement park... reminded me of the time I lived in Germany. Bad Eurotrash music from the 80s playing... yeah, those were the days. Then again, it is pretty difficult to avoid hearing bad Eurotrash music from the 80s even when one travels to Europe in the 2000s.


'Nother palace. This is (believe it or not) a completely different palace than the one a few pictures back. See what I mean about big, sprawling Baroque palaces? And you thought I was exaggerating, didn't you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home