Monday, January 21, 2008

Not much to post about

Well, nothing much going on, but I figured I'd post anyway. No longer working at the giant department store... Doing a bit of grading for ETS... Mainly cleaning house and looking for a job.

And the job search? Frustrating. As usual, I've only been at it for a few weeks now and I'm freaking out that I haven't found anything yet. I had a heck of a time hunting down people to write letters of rec for me (and when I say hunting, I actually mean stalking. Like, hey, you passed me in the hallway at UMBC once--wanna write a letter for me? Please? Please?) But I've got one (luke-warm) letter and one promise of a letter, so... yeah.

And, again, as usual, my frustration at not being able to find a job in a week has turned my attention back to...

You guessed it, more school. I'm not ready to make the final leap to a PhD, but I have considered getting another Master's. (This time at a real school. Which is what I said about my first MA. Before I realized that SU was gonna be a lot cheaper.)

But another MA is pretty much out of the question for now--it is too late to apply for the Fall '08 semester.

Ugh. What a whiny, depressing (and self-indulgent) post. Note to self: never blog when hungry.

2 Comments:

At 3:35 PM, Blogger Ovonia Red said...

Just got a response from a school in Chile--they want to talk to me this Thursday or Friday. Encouraging news.

Oh, and I've eaten.

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger STAG said...

ESL in Ottawa is out of the question then?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home