Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Life Abroad

I've been feeling pretty good here--been making friends and adjusting to life in Ecuador. I spent last Saturday with some Expats who have really made a home down here. Then, today, I got some bad news from back in the States, which really made me feel just how far away I really am. And it sort of brought me back to my reality, which is that, no matter how much I travel or want to travel, I will always go back to the States and my family and my friends. They will always be more important to me than living in a strange new world.

2 Comments:

At 10:53 PM, Blogger Violin Woman said...

I'm sorry to bring the bad news. :-( Don't worry about us too much - we're tough, we take care of each other, and Mom is one of the strongest people I know. She'll need some help, but we'll get her through it.

- Shari

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger Ovonia Red said...

Naw, no worries. It wasn´t so much that bad news itself, it was just being so far away when my friend (and her mom, whom I absolutely adore) is going through a rough time. But I´ll be calling you in about 20 minutes and we can chat. (Yea!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home