Monday, May 30, 2005

I hate dial-up

I hate dial-up. I really do. I am becoming more and more suicidal just sitting here... in front of the computer... waiting... waiting... I honestly need high-speed internet to survive.

Oh. I had my laptop out at A. Rachel's place yesterday and discovered that, somewhere in the neighborhood where she lives someone has a wireless internet system. I got all excited, and Troy (my cousin) and I were discussing it. Turns out it was password protected. Bummer. Things like that just make me want to become a hacker. But then I think about the smell. I mean, nerdy D & D playing guys have a certain smell, and I imagine that hackers are just way nerdier that a bunch of D & D guys. THerefore--hell, you can probably smell a hacker a mile away. In fact, I could offer my highly developed sense of smell to governments trying to catch hackers.

I told you, I'm going mad. Normal people just don't think thoughts like that.

3 Comments:

At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

gee, I thought we'd save a couple of bucks & go with AOL in Salisbury.

Right. Ain't gonna happen. We'll both start eating ramen noodles 3x a day to avoid AOL. It's right up there with Microsoft.

mom

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger Ovonia Red said...

I am so glad you are joking. I was going to start re-thinking my plans if you weren't.

Yeah, given the choice between food or high-speed internet, I would choose the later.

Question: are you going to go with DSL or Cable?

 
At 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

depends on who gives us the better deal. I prefer cable; it's faster.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home