Friday, May 27, 2005

Week in Illinois

Hullo all. Tomorrow morning Dad and I are flying out to St Louis, Missouri (then taking the metro out to Belleville, IL). We will be there for a week.

I'm excited. I will get to see my Paternal grandfather (Paw), my Aunt Rachel and Uncle Bill, and (hopefully) my cousin (Troy), his wife (Jung), and their daughter (Abigail). Jung is also very pregnant with another baby, so I'm excited about that too. I will be bringing presents for everyone (yeah! I'm just like Santa Claus! Fat.)

But yeah. That is all the news from me. Life has reached a very boring (and relaxing) pace right now. It is a nice change from the jet-setting lifestyle I lived for the past seven months. Hell, who and I kidding--I loved the jet-setting lifestyle. I wanna go back to the jet-setting lifestyle. But first, I think I will go to Graduate School.

Speaking of Graduate school, here are the classes that I will probably be taking in the Fall:

Principles of Linguistics
Literacy and ESOL Writing
Multicultural Education

I may also take a undergraduate level French class... I don't know yet. I would like to do a French independent study, but I don't know if the French professors would be up for it. I also don't know if I will 1. get the tutoring assistantship and 1b. how many credit hours the tutpring assistantship will pay for in a year.

7 Comments:

At 4:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great deal of fun! I hope you'll enjoy the trip. I guess this means I won't see you this week, huh?

Shari

 
At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm guessing you'll be limited to 9 hours per semester, which should keep you out of the poolhalls.

mom

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger STAG said...

"Very Pregnant"?? As opposed to...what....a little bit pregnant? Gor bless 'er Dove, and good on ya fer the tuitition geld.

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Ovonia Red said...

Bill -- very pregnant as in she has passed the danger of miscarrage and is going to pop a sprog any minute now. (Actually, the baby is not due until July/August, but she looks like she is ready to give birth any second now.)

Mom -- Hell, only 9 credits a semester? Watch out for me in the poolhalls. Or I could sell my body at the Fire Station -- I hear there is money in prostitution.

Shari -- yeah, you won't get your Deirdre fix this week. I know that is hard to deal with. I mean, who is going to be around to tempt you to do irresponsible things like cut work to go see Star Wars?

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger STAG said...

Dave E will be in Milton third week of June if you want to stop there on the way home...though of course, you probably see him every week in Maryland.

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Ovonia Red said...

What's he going to be doing in Milton? DOn't tell me he is going to try to salvage part of the booth. Though I guess he still has his camper up there.

I've actually not seen Dave E for quite a long time. I keep meaning to swing by HMT but I haven't done it yet. I didn't even go to the MD Renn Fest last year.

Speaking of the MD Renn Fest, are you guys going to try to come down for a visit this Autumn?

DJ

 
At 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And A. Rachel loved all the neat gifts..Thanks Neice,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home