Tuesday, September 06, 2005

"Female Troubles"

So, I've spent approximately half of my life as a menstruating woman--not counting the six months in the Army when I was so miserable I even stopped bleeding--and one would think that I would be used to it now, that it would not sneak up on me every single month.

Ha! And one would be absolutely wrong in thinking this because every thirty days I am totally unprepared. I won't go into any details, but it is amazing the items I've used in lieu of a tampon or pad. It is like being thirteen once a month, looking down and thinking, "Oh... Where did that come from?..." Hm.

The truly amazing this is that I get PMS with a vengeance. I get cranky and crampy and break out and am unable to stop eating. I got chocolate and peanut butter cravings and cry over everything. I recognize these as being part of PMS and am quick to blame these problems on impending blood. But even five minutes after a chocolate binge I completely forgot. Amazing.

-Break-

The good news is that I just scored a tampon. Yea!

1 Comments:

At 11:22 PM, Blogger STAG said...

My mom used to call it "the curse". What a thing to call it! Why Mrs MacGrody, you know, the woman down the road with 9 children...she calls it "The Blessing!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home