Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Eventful Year

Well, this is shaping up to be a rather eventful year--and I'm only a little over halfway through. A quick overview:

Teaching and living in Prague, which came with all sorts of stress and trauma. A job offer that I agonized over but finally decided to decline. Trips to Karlovy Vary, Cesky Krumlov, Cesky Budejovice, Karlstejn, Krivokrat, Snezka, and Konopiste. Three trips to Dresden, Germany--one by train and two crossing a border in a van full of other, ahem, guest workers. Trips to Krakow, Bratislava, Vienna, and Budapest. Got to see my friends B&B from Canada (whom I hadn't seen in years). Four months of Czech classes. Moving to Jersey for six weeks and working a real job--with a real paycheck (with a distressingly real amount of tax taken out).

What's next, you ask... surely this is more than enough for one year, you say.

But this is me we are talking about.

When I finish up in Jersey I need to make the bi-yearly pilgrimage to the midwest to visit relatives. After that...

I'm really thinking about using my return ticket to Prague, then catching a flight down to Greece and exploring there, in Turkey, and in Romania some. Those were three places that I really wanted to see that I never got the opportunity to (being so busy, exhausted, and stressed in Prague). Right now I'm still in the pre-planning stages... the only definite thing I've done so far is buy guidebooks for Greece and Istanbul.

After that? I'm probably going to go collapse at my Mom's for a couple of weeks, then try to find a temp job to tide me over until I can find another teaching job. I've found a couple of places in Ecuador that I want to check out further. I would like to find something that starts in January '08.

At some point I guess I really ought to settle down and start working a steady job and saving for retirement and all that stuff. I probably will someday. Like, when I'm 50.

1 Comments:

At 11:06 PM, Blogger STAG said...

Yeah, WE slowed down when we turned fifty!



NOT!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home