Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Ljubljana, Slovenia

So... made it to Slovenia. Car ride to Herndon (NOVA), lunch with Hil and Mom (Indian, yum), plane from Dulles to Montreal, plane to London Heathrow, bus to London Stansted, plane to Ljubljana, bus to Ljubljana tran station, walk, bus to hostel, walk. I figure I have spent well over 24 hours traveling now (no big, right. Well, that was going to be a question, but I canćt locate the question mark on a Slovenian keyboard.) Feeling very, very jet-lagged (but not so jet lagged that I havenćt been able to figure out the @ and the location of the Y on the keyboard. The apostrophie eludes me, however. Oh well.)

I may go out and walk a bit tonight, but that would just be to keep me from falling asleep at 8, waking up at 11, and then not being able to get back to sleep.

Anyway, here I am. I will post more later.

3 Comments:

At 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to know you made all your connections. I checked the Air Canada flight & it looked like it came in on time.

A good night's rest, and you'll be ready to hit the ground running. Have fun!!

Mom

 
At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Deirdre. Thanks for posting an update. :)

I'm impressed with your ASCII-character-finding-ability on Slovenian keyboards.
In a tangent story, once I was writing emails or typing letters to a cousin, and I realized I didn't have a "cent" character on my keyboard. He took every opportunity he could to work cent-signs into his response, taunting my keyboard's deficiency.
Small stuff, but it connotated.

Good luck/have fun/etc :)

????????????
""""""""""""
:P

--Anna

 
At 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WooT!!! She's touched down, at her intended destination!!!
HUZZAH!!!!
Can't wait to read more!

--Hilary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home