Thursday, January 24, 2008

New news.

Okay, so I've got it all figured out (as in, I put off making a decision and bought myself more time): I'm going to hang in Salisbury this spring and take a couple of French classes and a Spanish class. I've got some other things lined up too (grading essays, getting involved with teacher training for a charity in Morocco, cleaning house and scooping cat poop...). Basically this buys me some down time (yes, taking classes is my way of relaxing and storing up energy for the next big push). It will also give me some time to work on acquiring some Spanish (which would be sooooo helpful if I want to move to SA--will hopefully lessen the culture shock just a teensy bit).

Now the big question is what level of Spanish I should take. I took a placement test and got a 192. That should put me in Span 101, BUT the cut off score for Span 102 is 200. I'm soooo close, and I'm an over-achiever (albeit a lazy one), so I'm thinking I could (maybe) hack it in Span 102. Votes? (I ask for opinions then I generally ignore them. But I like to hear them. Naw, I shouldn't say I ignore them. I ask for them, I consider them, then I do whatever I was gonna do anyway).

Anyway, the main thing is that I'm feeling a lot less stressed now.

3 Comments:

At 11:05 AM, Blogger STAG said...

Being able to see the road always seems to help me.

suggestions? Hmmmm. Know anybody in New Mexico? I understand Spanish Immersion is fairly easy to come by in SoCal.

 
At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*L* I like Stag's suggestion, but I don't think you need to go so far. Come visit me, and I'll take you around Glen Burnie. It's almost as good!

Shari

 
At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the updates, btw. I've seen 'em and keep forgetting to post comments.

Is it the same teacher for Span 101 and 102? Did you get opinions from him/her/them? :)

--Anna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home