Monday, January 28, 2008

Stoked

So, I just got off the phone with a women from a school in Santiago (that's in Chile, for all you geographically challenged out there). Anyway, the school sounds pretty nice (better than the one I was working at in Prague). There are a couple of things about it that I'm not crazy about, but the school does some good stuff to make up for it.

Anyway, I'm going to try to talk to a few more schools. I have a bit more time now so I can be a bit pickier.

Also, I had my first Spanish class today (I decided on 101). The course started a few weeks ago, so when I walked into class, the first thing we did was take a chapter test. I took the test too, and I think I did ok--maybe a B.

Also, I had a French class today as well. There are no French classes here at my actual level (upper-intermediate/low advanced), so I'm going with a more grammar oriented intermediate class. My speaking and comprehension is a little advanced for the class (after 40 minutes of class, the teacher switched to English and informed the class that we had just functioned in French for 40 minutes without anyone dying. I was like, "that's it?" But I figure I've survived a 90 minutes Czech conversation, so I can afford to be a little uppity.) But my grammar is not great and my spelling is atrocious (basically, when I write, I think in French but my hand guides the pencil in English).

What else... not much. Saw this lil' sis this past weekend--helped paint the future baby room (purple and yellow, if anyone was interested). She is gianormously preggers (and still has, what, two or so more months to go). I also proved that I have (barely) more energy than a puppy (I have to admit that while cats are superior as pets, dogs are a bit more fun to play with. Until they start humping the toys.)

Gonna do some Spanish and French homework before I head off to Yoga and Tai Chi.

1 Comments:

At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya know, Geddy has only humped his toy while playing with you...I think that says a lot. haha

And, considering I CAN still reach the keyboard here at work...I don't think I'm sooooo disgustingly pregnant yet, right? : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home