Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone! I have been trying to write some things to post on this blog, but my internet access is so spotty, I may never actually post anything until I am back in the States (basically, I have to rely on Internet Cafes, which may or may not be open, and which may or may not have computers with USB ports for my memory stick).

Anyway, things are going well. I´m techincally on vacation, though I´ve been spending three hours a day in Spanish classes, so I´m not sure how much of a vacation this really is. December 28 I head into the jungle (Don´t worry--I won´t be heading in too deep. Basically, I will just be on the edge of the jungle), where I will be spending four hours a day in Spanish classes. Afternoons will be spent involved in various cultural activities. I´m looking forward to the warmth (and the different environment), and hopefully I will come back with some benign stories and nice pictures.

Speaking of stories, well, I´ve recently been learning that you can´t live in South America and not have some stories. After talking to a few folks who have been here a year or longer, well, let´s just say that the stories are pretty interesting. I already have decent story, but I´m going to type that on my laptop at home and post it later. Eventually.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! I am thinking about you all and sending you my love and best wishes from the wilds of Latin America...

2 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Sweet Girl

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

It occurs to me that you would probably thrive in a warm place. Like a jungle. I don't think you would like it here in Canada. Last night we got a foot of snow. I suspect were you to be here, you would be spending most of your days in the hot tub, or curled up in front of the warm air vent like a cat.

OTOH, fashion up here does not include the latest kicky thong underwear. So that's a plus.

Happy New Year from Bill and Brenda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home