Friday, June 24, 2005

Oh no!

Well, today is the big day. Mom has her dissertation defense in about a half and hour. I am here with her, lending moral support and humor (and eating the cookies that she baked for her committee). Neither of us slept well last night, so while she is running high on adrenaline, I am going to be dozing in the back of the room while she gives her presentation (and hopefully I will not be snoring... too loudly). I do know that her presentation has something to do with not-for-profits and they way they are required to report income (and promises of future donations) and the way it affects creditable contributions... so if she gets too nervous, she can wake me up and I can continue the presentation. Actually, I am thinking about having her give me a really intelligent question I can ask.

Yeah, so I just asked her for a question and she told me to read this long governmental report that she just printed out. So I guess I won't be asking any questions during the defense. I did, however, bring along a copy of Kipling's _Kim_, so maybe I can ask her some questions about that.

Anyhoo, I will post some more later to let everyone know how it went.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home