Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Some pictures for your amusement


The Odessa Train Station... ummm, not really... but it plays the Odessa Train Station in Everything is Illuminated.



A view of Prague from Letna Park.



The stairs leading up to Letna Park. I think these are also in Everything is Illuminated. (But I need to go back and check the movie to be sure). Umm, I need to organize a tour of sights from Everything is Illuminated... the only thing is, I don't think I would make too much money with the tour. I mean, not like it is a hugely popular film, right?



The metronome at the top of Letna park. I think there was a statue here of some communist leader, but that was replaced by the metronome. According to my guidebook, the citizens of Prague generally feel that the metronome is not an improvement.



Prague from a bridge. Yeah. I know. I post a lot of "Prague from a river" pictures. There just happen to be a zillion bridges in Prague.



Okay... For all you 'Mericans out there... this is a chicken breast. No, it is not half of a chicken breast or even a third of a chicken breast--it is a complete chicken breast. Actually, these are TWO chicken breasts.

4 Comments:

At 8:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone feed those poor birds!
The pics make it look kind of "communist like", lots of concrete and squares. I'm sure that it will look totally different when we are there in June.

 
At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that a packet of brie I see by the chicken breast? Yum! Kathie

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Weeell, according to the USDA, a serving size of meat is 3 ounces cooked, 4 ounces raw.
Those petite bosoms look more like what we SHOULD regard as normal--though I guess they'd be a bummer for somebody tryna feed 6 kids...

Glad to hear the Value Judgments on your instructional skills were not too traumatic!!!

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Ovonia Red said...

Brenda--WHen I'm showing you around Prague, I will try to avoid any place that look too communist and depressing (unless you really want to see them. actually, i will probably drag you guys to Zizkov Park because the view of Prague from the top is nice). But I do recommend giving Letna park a pass...

Kathie--Not Brie, but Camembert. That was my grocery store luxury purchase for last week (though actually I spent wayyyyy too much at the grocery store last week... the good news is that I shouldn't have to buy nearly so much this week. Yea!)

Hilary--Yeah, I think you'd need about fifteen of those things to feed a family with six kids (and maybe about 30 if any of the kids are teenagers...) It always takes me awhil to get used to European chicken boob sizes... but the crazyness really starts when I get back to the states and I'm faced with about two tons of chicken boob and I have no idea what to do with it...

DJ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home