Friday, March 02, 2007

Second observation feedback session

So, I had my second observation feedback session today. I think it went well. I got a slightly above average score (for where I am now).

According to the reviewer, here are the things that went well:
1. Every task/activity had a clearly thought out end goal
2. Good monitoring, teacher availability and error correction
3. Teacher generated game was interesting, student-centered, and purposeful
4. Teacher used concept checking questions after instructions

Here are the things I need to work on:
1. pace/dynamic/atmosphere (basically I need to move a bit more quickly)
2. linking activities/ideas (I need to make the connections between the things I'm doing a bit more clear)


So, not too bad, I don't think.

3 Comments:

At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you taught well and got some good feedback. :)

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Those are very specific and pertinent markers--I'm impressed!
From here, at least, it really sounds like you know what the hell you're up to!

(why am I no longer disgruntled?? I know not)

 
At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

See, I knew you were good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home