Friday, June 29, 2007

Traumatic Chocolate Break

So, today was my last day of teaching. None of my students showed up (yea!), so I graded some tests and then finished out-processing. Cool.

Then, I walked to he Train Station and bought my ticket for Vienna this weekend (over 2000 Crowns--owch!). Then, back home (by tram this time) for some lunch.

And then...

Packing. Ugh, ugh, and ugh again. I can't pack everything today--I will have to finish up on Monday--but I feel soooo overwhelmed. I know I don't have to bring EVERYTHING back... and there are plenty of things I'm going to leave (which I planned on leaving when I packed for Prague in the first place), but still... I feel like I keep discovering things tucked away here and there... all over my room (and the kitchen and the bathroom).

So I finally had to take a break and consume massive quantities of chocolate (hot chocolate and part of a chocolate bar. I started the snack break with a nectarine and a glass of sparkling water but it was all downhill from there).

Anyway. Anyway. Anyway... I leave for Vienna tomorrow morning at 5am and get back Sunday at about 8 or 10 pm. Then, Monday I have to go and close my bank account, finish packing, and clean my room. There are also a couple of things that I want to buy before I go, but that will depend on how much space I have in my luggage (not much).

And! I'm gonna look a bit like a Polar Bear when I get on the plane. Pants, Tank top, regular top, sweater, and wool coat. Oh, and a scarf. I was considering adding a dress to the mix, but the dress doesn't take up too much space in my suitcase. I suppose I could add another top or two, but... well, it might be a little too warm for that.

1 Comments:

At 8:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy packing. It will all be worth it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home