Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Exhausted...

... last you heard from me, I was going to go to Lake Bled. Did that, and the next day I went to Zagreb, walked around for a bit, then took a night train to Sarajevo (which was an interesting experience. I'll post about it later). Then, spent a day and a night in Sarajevo, took a bus to Beograd, walked around Beograd for a bit, then took another night train to Bar (and oh my god, that was absolutely an experience), took a bus to Budva, and now I'm just taking the day off. I walked around Budva today, and arranged a tour of Dubrovnik for tomorrow (it was a bit expensive, but I figured it was worth it so I could take a break from worrying about catching buses and fending for myself (there is just one bus to Dubrovnik and one bus back, so if I tried to do that and missed the one heading back, I'd be screwed).

Hoping to get some laundry done here today, but there is only one washer and a back log, so I may be completely screwed... as in, I have no more clean warm clothes to wear...

6 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Starting to worry about you a bit, though I know that not every place has easy internet access.

Say "Hello" to Dubrovnik for me--I'm so envious! Can't wait to hear your tales.

Wear dirty clothes. No big!!

Mom

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Ovonia Red said...

Yeah, things went really quick there--I spent a couple of nights on the train and one night in a hostel without any internet access. If worst comes to worst, you can try my cell. I've found that I can send text messages, but I can't make phone calls. I might be able to receive phone calls.

Anyway, looks like it will be raining in Dubrovnik tomorrow, so you don't have to be too envious.

 
At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take a bar of soap--the rain can wash your clothes!

Mom

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Ovonia Red said...

Gonna disappear for a few days... going to Kotor tomorrow, then taking the train to Skopje and the bus to Lake Ohrid. Don't know if the hostel there will have internet. After a couple of days there, I will head down to Athens. So if you don't hear from me, don't worry!

 
At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm...ya know, I'd never thought of you as a secret agent before...
:)

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Dad said...

Deirdre,

Thought I'd try once more to post a comment on this system. Let me try short one to see if it finds its way through the ether to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home