Monday, October 08, 2007

Istanbul

Original Post: October 8, Monday

Well, made ıt to Istanbul. And I am now the proud owner of a Turkısh Toılet story... one that ıs sure to leave you all rollıng on the floor, clutchıng your stomachs wıth laughter.

Wıll post ıt later on--promıse. But now I ha ve a whole new cıty to explore and a whole new country to offend wıth my travel smells.


Edited Post: October 9, Tuesday

So, there are two i(s) in TUrkish. There is the i and the ı. The ı is where the i should be. Mom mentioned that she was having some problems reading one of my e-mails because the i (İ had used ı) had been replaced by symbols. Just in case that has happened on everyone,s computers, here is the corrected version of my above post (well, the important bits).

Basically, İ wanted to let you all know that İ made it to İstanbul and that İ had a super excellent Turkish toilet story to share with you all. For those of you who donit know what a Turkish toilet is--look it up and enjoy imagining the possibilities for mishap. İ don,t think anyone can encounter a Turkish toilet and not come away with a Turkish toilet story.

5 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your original post was fine!

Mom

 
At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, okay. So it's just like an Italian toilet! I remember those. It's a good thing I was only 16 at the time I was there . . . :-)

I hope you're doing well. Let me know when you get home!

Shari

 
At 5:31 AM, Blogger Dad said...

I guess anyone who's done any traveling has a rank toilet story. I remember some pretty awful ones in Yugoslavia. You can pack an entrenching tool for your next trip so you can dig yourself a slit trench.

 
At 6:05 AM, Blogger Ovonia Red said...

I invite you to post your various stories. I'd love to read them.

DJ

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Dad said...

Think filthiest toilet in Scotland from "Trainspotting".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home